Reading Review Question #3

Home Forums Discussion Questions Reading Review Question #3

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Do you think our current geological epoch should be called the Anthropocene? Why or why not? When would you say the Anthropocene started?

(from Week 5)

Yes this epic should be called Anthropocene because it’s a particular reminder of the geographical record change done by bus.

Anthropocene started late 18th century, no earlier than 1833.

Hakeem Bakare
    Participant

Yes, its should be called the Anthropocene because our actions and activities began to impact the ecosystems, global climate, etc. The Anthropocene started in the 18th Century.

Syed Ali
    Participant

I believe the current era should be called the Anthropocene, humans are still altering the composition of the atmosphere and planet increasing Carbon, Sulfur, and Nitrogen compounds. According to the reading geologists believe the anthropocene started in the latter part of the 18th century.

Leslieann
    Participant

Yes, I think our current geological epoch should be called the Anthropocene, because we are still messing up with our earth geology and ecosystem which as a result has increase our Carbon dioxide component and global warming. The first Anthropocene started around the 18 century.

Bryan Hauptman
    Participant

Yeah, I’d say this era should be called the Anthropocene because humans are still very actively affecting this planet’s ecosystem quite heavily. It started when the Industrial Revolution went underway. (18th Century I think?)

Lalita Khemraj
    Participant

Yes, this era should be called the Anthropocene because humans have significantly impacted the Earth’s climate and ecosystem and continue to do so. The Anthropocene started in the 18th Century when the Industrial Revolution began.

Stanley Tillery
    Participant

Anthropologists date Anthropocene, the epoch era of ours as far as 1833. It is safe to say that, in my opinion given that is when the industrial revolution started hinting to mass pollution beginning as well.

Ashfaque
    Participant

Yes. I think our current geological epoch should be called Anthropocene. Because human has a great impact on changing earth’s climate and ecosystem. They are also responsible for increasing the greenhouse gas, population explosion, destroying ozone layer etc. According to Paul Crutzen, Anthropocene started at the beginning of industrial revolution.  According to other scholars, it started around 1950 or at the end of world war 2.

Mehedi H Shohag
    Participant

Yes, I think the current geological epoch should be called the Anthropocene because of the mass extinction of other plants and animal is the new generation of the population.And by doing that they are causing the ecological imbalance as well as by producing a large amount of toxic gas and emitting it to the atmosphere and are responsible for climate change.

And the Anthropocene started in the late 18th century.

Marcus Bideau
    Participant

Our current geological epoch should be called the Anthropocene because of the massive changes that have been happening throughout this era, from the extinction or endangering of species, the climate changes and the many revolutions that have occurred like the Industrial Revolution.

Samantha Motto
    Participant

Yes. I think our actions are the dominant influence on climate so it’s appropriate to name the current geological epoch after that. Surely the earth will eventually cleanse itself as it’s done for billions of years but we are creating a lot of problems for it.

Samantha Motto
    Participant

Also I believed it started when big corporations stated to abuse resources. Maybe even before then.

Shivanie Persaud
    Participant

Yes, this era should be called the “Anthropocene.” Human beings have significantly impacted the Earth’s geology and ecosystems. They have caused mass extinctions of plants and animals, they have polluted the ocean and altered atmosphere.

NAIM ALAM
    Participant

Yes, i think our current geological epoch should be called the Anthropocene. Because humans have a big impact on Earth. Emission of carbon dioxide, deforestation, rising sea levels and global extinction of multiple animal species, all are caused by humans.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar