Reading Review Question #10

Home Forums Discussion Questions Reading Review Question #10

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #153

Explain the concept of neoliberalism. Do you think this is a good or bad policy?

(from week 13)

#162
    Hakeem Bakare
    Participant

Neoliberalism is a form of liberalism tending to favor free market capitalism. I think this is a bad policy because it was an old policy and i don’t believe it can keep up with the modern policies we have now.

#216
    Leslieann
    Participant

Neoliberalism is a term use to identify different societies as well as different economic ideas. This term was first used by a group of liberals who helped shape the economy of our social market in the mid 20th century. This form of liberalism tend only to favor free market capitalism. Neoliberalism only focus on 3 things; free trade in services and natural resource, free circulation and freedom of investments. I think this is a bad policy because it only benefit one party, while the one receive nothing in exchange, “make the rich, richer and make the poor poorer’, I also things is an old policy that needs an update in order to keep up with our modern policy, if not it should be taken away.

#278
    xiaoting huang
    Participant

Neoliberalism is an economic system that is based on the idea of the free market. It advocates little government involvement and regulation. I think this is a bad policy. Because, In the United States neoliberalism is destroying welfare programs; attacking the rights of labor (including all immigrant workers); and cutbacking social programs.

#291
    Jose Diaz
    Participant

Neoliberalism is a 20th century economic idea related to the 19th century idea laissez-faire economic system in which private businesses should be free from government regulation, privileges, tariffs, free trade and subsidies. I do agree with this economic system but only in a case by case scenario. In some cases, government needs to intervene to protect the well being of the people.

#323
    Kimberly Medina
    Participant

Neoliberalism is a modified form of liberalism tending to favor free-market capitalism. I don’t think it’s a good idea since it gives too much power to the people. In one way that isn’t seen as completely terrible, but not all people are considered to be”good” people. Therefore making this not the best of ideas.

#328
    Bryan Hauptman
    Participant

Neoliberalism is a form of free-market capitalism in which private businesses are free from the government having to regulate them. I agree and disagree with Neoliberalism, I agree because certain businesses would not exactly work to well with too much government interference such as comic book and video game sellers, and I disagree because certain businesses could be doing some extremely shady things behind the government’s back and the government needs to stop that ASAP. (ASAP = As soon as possible)

#329
    Lalita Khemraj
    Participant

Neoliberalism in a 20th century economic policy that promoted the idea of free market competition. Under this policy economic control is shifted from the public sector to the private sector, and minimal government intervention in economic affairs and commitment to freedom of trade and capital is emphasized. While this policy would be good for small business owners, the privatization of social welfare programs, like education and health insurance, will lead to private companies reaping the rewards while every day citizens face more hardships.

#346
    Stanley Tillery
    Participant

Neoliberalism as supposed is a political theory of the late 1900s that personal liberty is maximized by limiting the interference of government in free market enterprise. I strongly attest that this policy is not bad at well. A citizen should feel like their business, should not be monitored by the federal government.

#351
    Sara González
    Participant

Neoliberalism is certain individuals that want free-market in the US. They want a growth in the economy but to only benefit themselves, and not have the government intervene. They want to live life like the Capitalist did, in today’s day in age. In my opinion, I don’t agree with this policy because it does not benefit the class I fall under and if this went into place the middle and lower class will only continue to go down. There would be no hope for us. But I’m sure that if I was well off I know this would benefit me from getting richer.

#355
    Danny Wu
    Participant

The concept of neoliberalism is based on free-market capitalism. This is a bad policy on my perspective point of view because it gives too much power to the people in the community. So, some people might use it as an advantage to do horrible things that can damage the society. In the other hand, humble people won’t harm anyone and instead they will help them. Thus, this idea is not a big solution to have enough power for the people to have it because everybody are not equal of thinking deeply of it of the positive and negative sides or ways of the used of it

#384
    Ashfaque
    Participant

Neoliberalism is a theory which proposes that human being can be advanced by the maximization of entrepreneurial freedom within an institutional framework characterized by private property rights, individual liberty, unencumbered markets and free trades. I think it is dangerous because it gives to much power to the capitalist class and takes away power from general public.

#388
    jane kauapirura
    Participant

Neoliberalism is a modified form of liberalism tending to favor free-market capitalism. I think this is a bad thing because it does not give everyone a chance to be highly successful. Greedy and crooked people can take advantage of this type of system.

#390
    Mehedi H Shohag
    Participant

Neo means there is making a new kind of liberalism. Neoliberalism is a set of economic policy which creates free market enterprise or private market enterprise. I think its a pretty bad idea because one class of people will have much power and they will have the full control to change or make rules. Then working class people will be in trouble and the capitalism will take advantage of it.

#399
    NAIM ALAM
    Participant

Neoliberalism is a form of liberalism, which ideology and policy model emphasizes the value of free market. I think its a bad idea. Because only  wealthy people will have the power and only they can take advantage of it. This will be very unfair to the other groups of people.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.