Reading Review Question #10

Home Forums Discussion Questions Reading Review Question #10

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Neoliberalism is political economic practices that believes that human well-being can advance from full entrepreneurial freedoms; in other words its global capitalism.

suhyeon kwon
    Participant

Neoliberalism is a concept that having a small government and leave the market by the people. It is criticizing<span style=”font-weight: 400;”> government’s intervention. </span>I think this is a bad policy because I believe government and country are existing as a safety net to protect the people. And if the government take their hands off from the economy, there are not many options to stand again when someone fails economically.

Arturo Gonzales
    Participant

Neoliberalism is a variant of liberalism that leans towards free market. The reason it is a bad policy is because neoliberalism is a theory that works great on paper but once implemented it does not stimulate the economy as anticipated.

Samantha Motto
    Participant

Neoliberalism is an economic policy about making the most money effieciently. I think it is morally a horrible policy. It allows there to be surplus amounts of food but prioritizes making profit off of it rather than feeding the hungry.  Some examples; we have enough corn to feed people but would rather feed it to cows to fatten them up and sell their meat, we have enough houses but instead of letting people who need them have them we’d rather sell them to only those who can afford them or leave them unused and empty. I don’t see how neoliberalism is beneficial to those outside of the 1 %.

Shivanie Persaud
    Participant

Neoliberalism is a term commonly used to describe the free market economy. It involves policies with free trade, privatization, price deregulation, reduced size of government and flexible labor market. I think this is a bad policy because only one set of people are benefiting. The wealth doesn’t trickle down to the lower class. The rich are the only one who is having all the benefits and power.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar