Reading Review Question #8

Home Forums Discussion Questions Reading Review Question #8

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #151

Do you think that religious beliefs and practices are declining around the world or will they continue to persist through any scientific and technological discoveries?

(from week 11)

#160
    Hakeem Bakare
    Participant

I believe that religious beliefs and practices aren’t declining because religious beliefs are instilled in some children from their parents and the children are now getting older and passing it down from their children so if anything i think its getting stronger.

#168
    Fahmi Imteaz
    Participant

I believe that religious beliefs and practices are in a decline. Younger generations tend to have a more loose religious beliefs, most following the social aspect of religion instead of the theological aspect. During times of strive however I believe that religious beliefs and practices do tend to rise. Due to this it will continue to persist through any scientific and technological advances as times of prosperity and strife fluctuate.

#217
    Leslieann
    Participant

I think that religious beliefs and practices are declining around the world because the younger generation rising up are more open minded, woken, more liberal and are not afraid of expressing themselves, feelings or beliefs. I also believe that the reason why religion is declining is because they are realizing that for many years the leaders of many country around the world have used religion as a way to manipulate the people in society.

#271
    Callahan J Smith
    Participant

I strongly believe that the world is becoming secular due to the more common space humans have to contact each other via technological advances. The reason why religion was so relevant hundreds of years ago was because they had less options and less communication to the outside world. Now there is so many religions and the religious experience is becoming very saturated.

#292
    Jose Diaz
    Participant

Yes. I do think that the population of the world is less religious than before, at least to some extend of what it means to be religious. I do think that people believe in God less, go to church less and pray less. Also the advancements in tech like medicine, astronomy and psychology have made people more accepting of facts and ideas that can be proven rather than relying on faith.

#326
    Bryan Hauptman
    Participant

No I’m pretty sure that religion is not declining in fact in some parts of the world it is more active then ever like in Middle eastern countries. (Is it entirely a good thing, Hell no! These terrorists need to calm their shit!) In terms of being religious there is a decline however. Advancements in science and technology have led to people not having as much faith as they once did and as their ancestors did. People nowadays believe in facts rather then religion because facts make more sense and don’t sound as nonsensical as what certain religions believe in.

#358
    jane kauapirura
    Participant

I do not think that religious beliefs and practices are declining around the world. Scientific and technological discoveries are accurate, but I believe that science cannot explain every single little thing. There are a few religions out there, and all of them have different views of life and other things.

#379
    Ashfaque
    Participant

I think religious believes and practices are declining around the world because as humans become more advance day by day, they start to question everything without relying on faiths of thousand years old. They also become more liberal and open-minded day by day. They also know how world leader used religion before to manipulate people in society. Thats why I think it is declining.

#391
    Mehedi H Shohag
    Participant

Well, it’s true science and technology is advancing day by day. Explorers are exploring things, astronauts are reaching beyond the earth and scientists and physicists has discovered many things that billion years ago the whole universe was a tiny point and then there occurs big bang and sequently the whole universe has created including the moon, sun, earth everything. But when the question comes to their mind that the little tiny point came from where?? In that time they said there might be an existence of God who was before all of these. So, no matter the science and technology developed how far but I think the religious belief will never going to decline.

#394
    Katherine Quezada
    Participant

I believe that religious beliefs will always be there one way or another even tho the practice might not be the same children are educated to follow an spesific  religion and believe in what their parents believe and that will keep on happening.

#398
    NAIM ALAM
    Participant

I think religious belief and practices are declining around the world. Because world is changing very rapidly and we are figuring out new things everyday. Based on the Religion, parents are also getting hard time to explain their children about their religion. Because, when  they learned about their religion, its completely different than now days. Now, we are Scientifically and technologically proving everything.

#426
    kasandra reid
    Participant

“Do you think that religious beliefs and practices are declining around the world or will they continue to persist through any scientific and technological discoveries?”

Religion is instilled in people from young, those who don’t follow won’t – science doesn’t explain anything about God’s. Some can follow science, I wont knock anyone’s belief but science has failed and can tell me nothing about my beliefs. I think technology has changed and decreased a number of religious youth but religion will never be fully gone. It is after all what keeps wars and terrorism afloat.

#428
    Gale Mirasol
    Participant

I don’t think that religious beliefs and practices are declining around the world, I think they will continue to persist through any scientific and technological discoveries. One of the religions that exists 5,000 years ago are still being practiced today,<span class=”ui_qtext_rendered_qtext”>Hinduism. This shows that it doesn’t matter what scientific and technological discoveries are made, people will still continue with their beliefs and pass it on to the next generations. Although I do believe that they will be changes in religious  practices due to the newer generation being more liberated and open to some ideas such as mixed marriages, marrying someone out of your religion. </span>

#437
    suhyeon kwon
    Participant

I think it will decline and that makes the religious people to gather stronger. People in my generation more tend to not have religion and I think it will me more likely for the next generations. And I don’t think people can find anyother scientific or theological proofs for the religion. I am a Protestantism christian but I think  all different kinds of holy books are history fiction novel based on some historical events. I like the opinion that religions will remain untill the last parent exists. (Becuase they want to rely on to someone/something for their kids’ safety.)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.