Reading Review Question #8

Home Forums Discussion Questions Reading Review Question #8

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

I don’t think religious beliefs and practices are declining around the world. I see religion around me everyday in different places, the train stations and outside on the street. Somebody is always praying and worshiping to their god. Just because we may not see it doesn’t mean its declining. Also as far as technology, you can use it to find religious practices, videos, readings and so forth. Some may use it to join in with a community of believers or to study or learn. So with the help of technology I believe religion will never decline as far as it being extinct but the number of believers in that religion can decline.

Arturo Gonzales
    Participant

I believe that the religious beliefs are on the decline in part due to technology and science. The reason I believe, that is due to so much options to preoccupy our lives. Technology and science allow us so many avenues of entertainment and enlightenment, religion becomes an after thought. Which reduces the frequency one attends, which looses the effect it has on people to be kind and earnest. While most news headlines read of some sort of religious war. I think the majority of the population in America are to distracted by daily life to be devote religious followers.

Samantha Motto
    Participant

I think religion is one of the oldest things humans have so it’s not going anywhere. I don’t think it’s on a decline though I think practices may be evolving over time. As well as interpretations of religious texts which are also changing. Scientific/ technological discoveries are used as validation of beliefs.

Shivanie Persaud
    Participant

I think religious beliefs are declining day by day, due to technology and scientific teachings, humanities have started seeing the world differently. Religious and cults are human-made, it’s something that was embedded in us as a child.

Yang Cao
    Participant

I think religions and customs are declining because the society that is slowly moving has been making progress. Many people do not believe in religion and many people forget what their customs are. Slowly replaced by high technology.Humans will always go to research and development of high technology.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar